Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Tale of the SeaHag, part 2

Last time, I got a good start on the story of this old Hagstrom Super Swede project. I'd finished up with having done the new wiring in the same style as my SG Classic.

So, of course, no guitar is right without the knobs. I had bought a matched set of Vintage Les Paul replacement knobs for the Old B.O.B. project and didn't end up using them, but they were perfect for this guitar.



You can also see in the picture the useless hole left from the Hagstrom coil tap switch, which I didn't see the point in trying to replace. Here's another pic, just because I kinda like a useless hole in my guitar projects.



To be totally random, I went with goldtone for the strap buttons and jack plate.





Hmm. Pics didn't turn out too good. Sorry about that.

Anyway, new strings, a set up, and some other minor adjustments and we have the finished project. The SeaHag! So named because I'd chosen to "Scrimshaw" a treasure map onto the guitar face. It's lightly scratched into the finish and then the scratches are filled in with ink.





So, that's the tale of the mighty SeaHag. Next up, I'm going to tackle SteamPunk using a Dean EVO and a whole lot of ingenuity!

No comments: